Online classes, teachers, and diamonds.

I wrote a poem!


The world is being ravaged by a virus

While normality is a word I want to obliterate

Locked up in my house, left to stare at the iris

Wondering when the world will again be set straight

Trapped in my mind, with nowhere to go

I was petrified and all alone

Fearful, trying to predict the unknown


But then, 

I forgot my fears when sitting for my classes

My troubles drowned while learning about the revolt of the masses

Or calculating sine and cos

Leaving back my pandemic list of pros and cons


Human contact was short in supply

But school gets me through the hard times

Thinking about my teachers who give us their best

I work harder, while they lay my worries finally to rest

They talk me through the harder pains

All to lose, nothing to gain

They prove to me I am not alone

Leading my path, my guiding stone

Never cracking, even under pressure

True diamonds, with rocking features!


Co-authored and edited by Avantika Sanyal, visit her blog here for more poems and stories, that's kind of her thing.

Clearly, we were bored.

Thanks for reading this far, if you like this poem, follow this blog for more. 

I'll see you next time!

Comments

  1. Thank you for the shout out, and yes, we havenothing else to do apart from study..... So yeah, hope you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing to do except study and dream while looking at the clock tick away. (I'm srs!!)

      Delete
  2. Thanks to teachers and online classes tht we are not so idle any more

    Idle mind is a devil's workshop.........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey you! What did you think of the post?

Also, start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Popular Posts